Monday, September 2, 2013

Rain, Anyone?

Meanwhile, on the water magic front . . .

This weekend I stumbled upon a wonderful book at Beach Books in Seaside, full to overflowing with water magic. 'Of Walking in Rain' by Matt Love. Oregon rain will never seem quite the same. In a good way. For a little fun I did the assignment outlined in the chapter 'Rain: A Love Story: A Poetic Confrontation' with the following results. My listed responses to the prompts were rather ordinary on paper, but a little rain changed all that. I bet Matt would not be surprised in the least.

Because it’s unexpectedly better wetter.
Chasing each other, naked, between the raindrops,
There’s no room for an umbrella.
We take this potion straight and neat, as it falls from the sky.
Our souls washed with liquid mother-of-pearl.
The rain spirits urging us to remember.
The fire-starting all the better for the rain.
And it goes on forever.
Socked in. Unhurried.
That’s the best love we make.

No comments:

Post a Comment