Sunday, November 10, 2013

Gifts From The Sea

If it comes from the ocean, I give thanks unconditionally. Blood, guts, bleached bones, hungry gulls. It's not always pretty but it is always beautiful.

If I am not at the ocean and a gift of grace comes my way, I can only hope that some residue of the sea renders me worthy and humble enough to receive the gift.

My $10 Poem, written by Abigale Mott.
Inspired by pain,
it unexpectedly pokes at that pain by suggesting
these are questions I should,
perhaps,
be asking
of myself.
  It unexpectedly eases that pain by suggesting
 the answers lie
within.
In other words, 
attainable.
Thank you, Abigail.

Betrayal
My gut has thrown up
Questions - -
They run basic & deep:
"Why did you do this?"
"Why force this loss?"

I am unnerved,
regarding my emotions,
Trying to find a still,
quiet place
in myself - -

A warm, comforting
fire
where I am fine,
Where I can ease
the trouble of forgiving you.

Abigail Mott
Hood River, OR

No comments:

Post a Comment