Tuesday, February 23, 2016

When I Wasn't Looking

It has been a week of landmarks.

I really intended to catch the moment my odometer turned over to 100,000 on the only new car I've ever owned. It blew right past me on a quick trip to Astoria last week. Thank you, sweet lil' Subaru, for 100,000 miles of adventure.  (Please ignore the fact that I snapped this shot while traveling 40 mph. My bad.)



I have also been watching my blog counter as it closed in on 9,000 views. Missed that one too. Thank you to all of you who tune in and share your support. It means a lot.

I did not miss today's landmark.  One year ago today I piled the final load into above mentioned Subaru and made the final move to my beloved Seaside. I miss my people in Hood River but feel like Seaside is the place I've spent a lifetime finding.


Here in Seaside I've carved out a life. It is full of the local coffee shop where I work; the birds at the Wildlife Center of the North Coast; a sweet dog; a new cat; a very fine gentleman named Bart and the wild and salty sea I love so much. My oldest daughter is graduating from the Seattle Film Institute next month; my boy is immersed in the final year of a degree in Computer Engineering at UW and my youngest daughter is traveling, at this moment, from San Francisco to Portland to set up her first apartment with a couple girlfriends.

I'm wallowing in gratitude for a full life in which I, and those I love most, are happy and moving forward with what we all love. Can't ask for much more than that.

Much love to you from me and my blue spot on the map.





No comments:

Post a Comment